Wabash was a favorite tree of Dr. Kirk Pomper at Kentucky State University, who insisted I should name my variety after Wabash because the round fruit resembled cannonballs.
Key Features of the Wabash pawpaw:
- Very fleshy. Percent seed ~ 6% by weight.
- Flavor sweet and rich. Texture medium firm, creamy, smooth. Flesh color yellow to orangish.
- Fruit size typically 8-12 oz. Good productivity.
- The overall fruit quality and quantity on this variety is excellent.
- A favorite of those who have tasted it at the KSU orchard.
- Dr. Pomper also insisted I release this one.