A sister variety to Susquehanna with even larger fruit. Originated from an orchard near the Potomac river. A favorite of John Popenoe
Key Features of the Potomac pawpaw:
- Extremely fleshy. Percent seed ~ 4% by weight.
- Flavor sweet and rich. Texture firm, melting, smooth. Flesh color medium yellow.
- Fruit size typically 12+ oz. Medium productivity.
- Strong apical dominance - ie, the tree grows very upright, is less spreading than most.
- The overall fruit quality on this variety is impressive.
- Dr. Pomper (KSU) insisted I release this.