Key Features of the Allegheny pawpaw:
- Medium fleshiness. Percent seed ~ 8% by weight.
- Flavor sweet, rich, a hint of citrus. Texture medium firm, smooth. Flesh color yellow.
- Fruit size typically less than 8 oz. Very productive to the point that fruit size suffers.
- Trees will require fruit thinning to keep fruit size over 8 oz.
- This has been a continual favorite of those who taste it.
- Customer pressure has persuaded me to introduce this one, even though it is smaller and seedier than I normally accept.
Click on the thumbnails to see full size pictures of each variety of fruit and sapling.